Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: Vertical module layout?

Vertical module layout? 7 years 7 months ago #5652

• GJSchaller
  • Junior Boarder
I've installed Zap Weather 9.0.2 on some of my sites.

If I want to display the Module in a sidebar, the forecast items all seem to be horizontal in nature - they don't want to align vertically without extensive custom CSS being applied.

Would it be possible to add a feature so that the days / hours / etc are displayed vertically, instead of horizontally, in the module? I'd suggest updating the layout of the module to use DIVs instead of Lists, so that they can be floated, wrapped, etc. easier.

I can provide a sample site, if needed.

Thank you!
Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vertical module layout? 7 years 7 months ago #5654

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Thanks for the question. Yes, I it looks like I need to freshen up the Zap Weather application. I'll take a look at it overall and the vertical layout option too. I did something similar with the upcoming events module for Zap Calendar that allows horizontal or vertical layouts, will do something similar for Zap Weather.

Vertical module layout? 7 years 7 months ago #5655

• GJSchaller
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you! With the given move to Bootstrap by Joomla, making something that is Bootstrap friendly would be appreciated.
Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Vertical module layout? 7 years 6 months ago #5667

• GJSchaller
  • Junior Boarder
An example site, using Protostar:

www.lakemotelulster.com/

The ability to have a vertical listing with 2 to 3 days in it under the menu on the right would be great.

The ability to link to the Content / Component forecast as a "Click Here for More" link would also be great, so that you can do a short listing in the module, and a longer listing in the component.

Thank you!
Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds