Back to School: 6 Reasons Why Zap Calendar is Best for School Web Sites
- Created: 11 August 2014 11 August 2014
With school starting for many students this month, We thought this would be a great time to give you 6 reasons why Zap Calendar may just be the best Joomla calendar application for school web sites.
6 Things You Didn't Know Zap Calendar Could Do
- Created: 15 July 2014 15 July 2014
Zap Calendar is a powerful calendar system for Joomla, but you may not know that Zap Calendar can promote your events outside of your web site. Here are 6 things you didn't know Zap Calendar could do.
Production Release of Zap Calendar Now Available With Version 4.0.7
- Created: 03 June 2014 03 June 2014
We are proud to announce that Zap Calendar has moved from beta to production status with the recent release of Zap Calendar 4.0.7. Thanks to all who have provided feedback during the beta phase. Version 4.0.7 also contains some exciting new features, including:
- Event Manager - Sortable columns, batch option, time zone display, filter by time zone
- Category Manager - Re-ordering of categories
- Location Manager - Sortable columns, time zone display, filter by time zone
- Calendar Manager - sortable columns
- New Plugin - back-end stats plugin (displayed on tools page)
- Enhanced Plugins - Facebook plugin now works on AJAX pages, several plugins can now be displayed in different positions on event page (i.e. top, bottom, left or right), QR code (square bar code) can now display either URL or event detail bar code
First "Zap Calendar 101" Video Now Available: Google Maps Plugin
- Created: 25 February 2014 25 February 2014
We have just released our first video, "Zap Calendar 101: The Google Maps Plugin". This video demonstrates the Google Maps plugin for Zap Calendar, one of our most popular plugins for Zap Calendar. You can follow along with the demo using the Zap Calendar demo website, so you can try out the features hands-on without needing to setup your own website. Click the video icon to watch.
Join our Facebook page and you will get notified when new videos become available. What other videos would you like to see?
New Updates for Zap Calendar and Zap Weather
- Created: 18 February 2014 18 February 2014
Zap Calendar and Zap Weather, Z Content's calendar and weather applications for Joomla, were recently updated. Zap Calendar version 4.0.4 includes several new add-ons, as well as enhancements to the front-end display and back-end functions. The new add-ons include:
- Comment - allow users to comment on events
- Recent Comments - A module displaying the most recent comments
- Zap Article - Link a Joomla article with an event by displaying a button link in the article to the event
- AcyMailing - If you use AcyMailing, this plugin will allow you to include Zap Calendar events in your AcyMailing newsletter
- Facebook Like - With this plugin, users can now "like" your events on Facebook
Front end enhancements include improvements to the popup event window (and switching from MooTools to jQuery libraries) and links to events shown in the upcoming events listing. Back end enhancements include RSS feeds and private iCalendar URL feeds (to use when you want to allow export of your calendar to select people only). For a complete list of enhancements and fixes, you can read the Zap Calendar 4.0 change log.
Zap Weather has also been updated to fix a "duplicate key" error when installing the previous version. A plugin was also recently released for Zap Calendar 4.0 that will show weather forecast information from Zap Weather in your calendar. Google recently dropped support for their Google weather API. This means the Google Weather plugin for Zap Calendar will no longer function and the Zap Weather plugin is now the only weather plugin supported for Zap Calendar.
Zap Weather Version 9 Released
- Created: 22 January 2014 22 January 2014
Zap Weather version 9 has just been released. This release supports Joomla 2.5 and now Joomla 3.x . Also added in this release are 700 additional weather stations to choose from and a fix displaying weather alerts from a module.
Zap Weather is a free Joomla component for displaying weather for any U.S.A. location or territory. Since its first release 8 years ago, Zap Weather has always been free and with "no commercial interruptions". That is, there are no fees, commercial advertising or links to external sites. Zap Weather uses data from the National Weather Service, a U.S.A. government organization and its services are paid for by the tax dollars of citizens. If you are not already using Zap Weather on your site, try it out today and let those tax dollars work for you!
More information about Zap Weather can be found here.