Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Bug Report
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alerts Popup window text cut off

Re:Alerts Popup window text cut off 13 years 2 months ago #1894

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
The NWS dropped support of the XML format Z Weather was using in January. Z Weather pulls the active alert data by county. This data contains all the active alerts for that county. This could be more than one alert ( I have seen as many as 5 active alerts for a single county at one time). The NWS decided this multiple alert format should be in summary format only. From their web site:

* Unlike the NWS CAP 1.0 feeds, in this version is there is a single alert per CAP message. This more closely brings the feeds in line with the original intend of CAP;
* It is assumed consumers of the CAP 1.1 feeds will use the ATOM index files to track active alerts in near real time and pulling the complete CAP messages as needed;
* The ATOM indexes contain a number of CAP 1.1 fields as an extension to the ATOM fields (thus the switch from RSS to ATOM in this version). These fields are included to provide additional information to the consumer with the intent of reducing the need to pull the entire CAP message every time;

The version that was recently released was a quick fix to address the problem of the feed not working at all due to NWS dropping support. I will look into developing a more comprehensive solution. I also use the product for several websites I maintain and I too liked the former format. I can't give any timetable as yet on when it will be available.

(also e-mailed)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds