Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Bug Report

TOPIC: HTML Problems with ZWeather 6.01

HTML Problems with ZWeather 6.01 14 years 10 months ago #141

• soundroom
  • Fresh Boarder
I was trying to validate the HTML for my Joomla website front page after adding the zWeater 6.01 with a module for the current conditions. I was surprised to find many problems most of which were casued by table tags that were not properly paired with an end tag. It appeared that in one place both the table and end table tags were missing.

I traced the problems back into the zweather.html.php functions for showWeatherHTML and getObservationHTML.

The missing table tags have been commented out in the file zweather.html.php on lines 436 and 450. I removed the comment slashes

There are also redundant pairs of tr and td tags for lines 1021-1022 and lines 1027-1028. I commented out one line of each.

After making these and other changes the output validated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:HTML Problems with ZWeather 6.01 14 years 10 months ago #149

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Thanks for the feedback. The next version will be tested for HTML validation.

Re:HTML Problems with ZWeather 6.01 14 years 9 months ago #211

• soundroom
  • Fresh Boarder
I see that the just released ver 6.0.2 fixes the table end tag problem.

There are still some issues in validating that I had to correct to get the page to validate as XHTML Traditional 1.0.

To get it to validate I had to correct the following in the component file zweather.html.php.
  • Many IMG tags need terminating end slash.
  • Had to comment out the echo of the LINK tags which are not allowed to be outside the pages header area.
  • Had to change attributes "spacing" and "padding" to "cellspacing" and "cellpadding"

Re:HTML Problems with ZWeather 6.01 14 years 9 months ago #215

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Yes, I renabled the table end tags since that was easy to do. The next major release of Z Weather will have more extensive testing on HTML validation.
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds