Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Bug Report

TOPIC: chronzweather use of argv[] plus side-effect?

chronzweather use of argv[] plus side-effect? 14 years 11 months ago #103

• Pat
While installing on my shared host, it became clear that either their chron does not pass args, or chronzweather is referencing them incorrectly. Neither argv[0] nor argv[1] displays any value in the usage error message issued.

I removed the check and the argc loop, and hard-coded the url, and it worked.

However, it then issued a "not authorized" message and advised me to add the IP address in the globals. I did this, and now its working OK.

Version 6b2, downloaded 24-apr-09.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:chronzweather use of argv[] plus side-effect? 14 years 11 months ago #104

• Pat
I have uninstalled z-weather due to a large number of errors, such as the following.

"**** Error: Bad Alert XML file (parseXML)" and

"DB function failed with error number 2006 MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT *
FROM jos_modules AS m
WHERE module = 'mod_zweather' and published = 1
ORDER BY m.id ASC"

delivered by e-mail,

and these, in the php-errorlog file, repeating hundreds of times, but apparently not every execution:

[24-Apr-2009 17:49:17] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/____/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 3730
[24-Apr-2009 17:49:17] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/____/public_html/includes/frontend.php on line 94
[24-Apr-2009 17:49:17] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/____/public_html/includes/frontend.php on line 94
[24-Apr-2009 17:49:17] PHP Warning: array_keys() [<a href='function.array-keys'>function.array-keys</a>]: The first argument should be an array in /home/____/public_html/includes/pathway.php on line 63

My php_errorlog was 528k when I disabled the chron job.

Re:chronzweather use of argv[] plus side-effect? 14 years 11 months ago #105

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear of the problems, which I think are interesting since all the messages you are listing are coming from the Joomla application. You should check the version of your libXML library (from admin, help->system info->php information) to make sure you are not experiencing a known issue with that library.

Re:chronzweather use of argv[] plus side-effect? 14 years 11 months ago #106

• Pat
Thanks -- you may be right. I checked and the version of libXML is very old, 2.6.23 from January, 2006. I have no real way to deal with this. I've never contacted the web-host people. (I think there's a charge to do so.) After uninstalling z-weather, the errors are still occurring, but very infrequently -- 8 to 10 in the last day or so. With z-weather's chron job running it was hundreds, perhaps, per hour.

I've never noticed any unexplained odd behavior on the site.

Re:chronzweather use of argv[] plus side-effect? 14 years 11 months ago #107

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Actually, you are OK with the libxml version. A bug was introduced in versions 2.7.1 and 2.7.2, so actually, you are better off with the older version! What version of Joomla and php are you using?

Re:chronzweather use of argv[] plus side-effect? 14 years 11 months ago #108

• Pat
Joomla is 1.0.15 Stable [ Daytime ] 22 February 2008 23:00 UTC

PHP is 5.2.5
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds