Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: Requested changes

Requested changes 14 years 1 month ago #970

It would be nice to have the capability for a user to include a guest(s) when they RSVP to an event even if it's as simple as a count (i.e. "John Doe plus two guests" ).

I've also had a customer suggest that non-registered guests be allowed to RSVP themselves. The thought is that guests may be deterred from coming to and event if they had to register to RSVP. I realize that you need some sort of control on who RSVPs, so you don't have the same person RSVPing multiple times. Maybe have them enter their email address to determine uniqueness?

Another thing would be the capability of a group of users to be able to edit events for that group rather than only the owners changing their own events. Or, a group is allowed to edit all events.

Thanks,
Brent
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by brentsanford.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Requested changes 14 years 1 month ago #977

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Hi Brent,

Those are great suggestions. There will be some new features in the next release of RSVP, but not yours specifically. There will be an RSVP date option where the event owner can specify a deadline on the RSVP prior to the event. The other new feature will allow RSVP'd users to be e-mailed just prior to the event as a reminder.

I already have a guest feature in the comments plugin, so it shouldn't be too hard to do something similar with the RSVP plugin. The comment plugin utilizes the e-mail address and the captcha plugin.

Re:Requested changes 14 years 1 month ago #980

The email feature is another one we came across. Can we email any time or is it an automated email? We had an instance where an event had to be rescheduled, so we wanted to email all those that had RSVP'd to notify them of the change.

Thanks,
Brent

Re:Requested changes 14 years 1 month ago #990

• cogliano
The RSVP plugin has a feature to allow the event owner to send an e-mail to all RSVP'd users.

There is no group editing capability other than allowing administrators to update events in the backend.

Re:Requested changes 13 years 3 months ago #1735

• ingwet
cogliano wrote:
Hi Brent,

I already have a guest feature in the comments plugin, so it shouldn't be too hard to do something similar with the RSVP plugin. The comment plugin utilizes the e-mail address and the captcha plugin.

Is anything on it´s way on this issue? We badly need a RSVP function - but do not want them to have to register on our page...

Re:Requested changes 13 years 3 months ago #1742

• cogliano
I have been working on new features with the RSVP plugin, but alas, not this feature. This is still a feature I would like to implement, it just has not been a high priority.
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds