Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: Alerts not displaying

Alerts not displaying 14 years 4 months ago #775

• mendodave
  • Fresh Boarder
We have Joomla 1.5.15, and ZWeather 6.02.

The severe weather alerts are not being displayed...if you click the cache status link, the alerts are there, but do not get displayed on the weather page.

Can anyone steer me to a fix for this?

David
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Alerts not displaying 14 years 4 months ago #779

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Make sure you have the alert display enabled. You can also create a Z Weather module and enable just the alerts. I have done this on several sites and publish the module on all pages, so the alert is seen on every page of the site.

Re:Alerts not displaying 14 years 4 months ago #780

• mendodave
  • Fresh Boarder
cogliano wrote:
Make sure you have the alert display enabled. You can also create a Z Weather module and enable just the alerts. I have done this on several sites and publish the module on all pages, so the alert is seen on every page of the site.

Where do we enable the Alert Display? It is not a checkbox in the Global Settings page, and is not in the Location either.

If I recall correctly, the previous version had a checkbox in the Global Settings page.

Thanks,

David

Re:Alerts not displaying 14 years 4 months ago #781

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Yes, it has been moved to the settings for the menu option. You have created a menu option for ZWeather; the settings are there. Open the page where you edit the menu settings for ZWeather - "Menus | mainmenu (or other name) ". Click on the ZWeather menu option, and you will see the setting there that you can modify.

Re:Alerts not displaying 14 years 4 months ago #782

• mendodave
  • Fresh Boarder
cogliano wrote:
Yes, it has been moved to the settings for the menu option. You have created a menu option for ZWeather; the settings are there. Open the page where you edit the menu settings for ZWeather - "Menus | mainmenu (or other name) ". Click on the ZWeather menu option, and you will see the setting there that you can modify.

Bingo! thanks very much.

I wondered where that sucker went.

David
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds