Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: Forecast Issues

Forecast Issues 14 years 5 months ago #762

• TupeloWx
  • Senior Boarder
I have an issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has seen. I have component Ver. 6.02 and module 6.0 installed but am seeing very inconsistent forecast results. For test purposes, I've duplicated the module and stacked it at http://www.tupeloweather.com/index.php with one set to 12 hour forecast and the other to 24 hour forecast. The 24 hour always seems to properly. At least once a day the 12 hour stops displaying any forecast at all. Also, in the evening it never shows "tonight" and "tomorrow" but instead begins at the next night and continues through the period from there. The next morning it corrects itself until the night period again. I also have the module running in 3 Hour mode on the left and it always works correctly.

Now, I have the site that I'm currently using at http://www.tupeloweather.com/main with an older version of ZWeather - 5.03 I believe - and it NEVER fails to work correctly in 24 Hour mode. If you open both you'll notice, depending on the time of day, what I'm talking about.

Also, I have uninstalled both the component and module and reinstalled with no effect. These are running on my dedicated server and the server time and site time/zone are correct.

If I get this working properly, the site with the new version will be my upgraded site. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Forecast Issues 14 years 5 months ago #763

• TupeloWx
  • Senior Boarder
By the way, I'm also running the same new version on another site - www.dragonweather.com - with the same issues that I'm having here, with currently no forecast showing at all. The areas that these sites cover are over 400 miles apart so it wouldn't seem that the issue lies with the NWS forecast.

Re:Forecast Issues 14 years 5 months ago #764

• TupeloWx
  • Senior Boarder
After looking more into the conditions where it is not displaying correctly, it seems to be happening just after midnight and then corrects itself somewhere after 6:00 AM. My module is set to begin displaying "Today". Right now it has been displaying the first period as Sunday Night since since around midnight Sat night/Sun morning. I changed the module to begin on Saturday and it immediately displayed Saturday night again instead of Sunday night as the beginning. It appears the only issue is when using 12 hour mode and only for these few hours each day.

I also installed ZWeather 6.02 component and 6.0 module on a new website tonight just to check and I have the same issues using the default installed locations.

I hope someone can offer some insight into how to fix this.

Re:Forecast Issues 14 years 4 months ago #832

• TupeloWx
  • Senior Boarder
Well, since no one seems to have ideas why the new version isn't working correctly, I decided to uninstall and go back to 5.x. Now I get this fatal error message: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare loadoverlib() (previously declared in /home/stormy/public_html/plugins/system/legacy/functions.php:846) in /home/stormy/public_html/components/com_zweather/zweather.html.php on line 32
Does anyone have a clue what to do about this? A Google search turns up other sites with the same issue. ANY help on ANY of these issues will be much appreciated.
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds