Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: Take Out Header Image

Take Out Header Image 14 years 4 months ago #756

• trehahn
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the great component! On my old site, using the 1.0.x version of Joomla and an older version of Z weather I was able to do what I'm asking now. How? I have no idea, but I figured it out then, just can't now.

The module loads, what I call a header image. It's an image, like a line or something at the top, near where the city is, inside the module. I either removed it, or it wasn't there on the old one, but I think it was there. I'm unable to remove this one, I'm not sure if I just can't see where it is, or what.

http://www.monroelights.com/lights is the address, if you want to see what I mean. I don't mind the image on the component (full page) page, but the module it's too wide. This so far, seems to be the only module which uses it. How can I go about removing this?

I'm now using the latest ZWeather and Joomla versions. I also know a little about PHP so editing a file won't be an issue, if I know what to look for. I've been going over it for awhile now, and I'm stumped. Probably right in front of me too! Thank you for any assistance.

Tim
Last Edit: 14 years 4 months ago by trehahn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Take Out Header Image 14 years 4 months ago #757

• trehahn
  • Fresh Boarder
While not exactly what I was looking for, I did find a solution I am happy with. I am going to post the solution, in case anyone else has this issue.

By going into the module settings, on the right side under Module Parameters select to Hide the Location Title. While this works for my solution, if multiple locations were selected, it could be a problem. I'd still like to find a solution to deleting just that one image, if possible. Thanks.

Re:Take Out Header Image 14 years 4 months ago #768

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
I think the contentheading css tag is used to display the title in the module. I think you could fix it by modifying the CSS in your template if you want to go through the trouble. The css would start out something like:
.module .contentheading {

... css changes here ...

}

You would have to look at your template's contentheading section to determine what needed to be removed from the module version.

Re:Take Out Header Image 14 years 4 months ago #773

• trehahn
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply, I'll have to check it out and debate if it's worth editing or not. Everything else is fine, just that one module wasn't. The above fix worked for it, but wouldn't work for multiple sites. I only need one site, so I should be OK. I think it's a combination of the template I'm using, and the module.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds