Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: Screen goes Black while selecting "Add an event fr

Screen goes Black while selecting "Add an event fr 8 years 1 month ago #5507

• ed_hayward
  • Fresh Boarder
Screen goes Black while selecting "Add an event" button from front end. The screen goes dark and transparent and you can see the window has popped up behind the transparency but I have no Idea why. I have attached two photos explaining my issue.
Add_Event_Selected.jpg
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Screen goes Black while selecting "Add an event fr 8 years 1 month ago #5530

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
This is typically a template compatibility issue with the bootstrap modal dialog library. You can try disabling the bootstrap animation feature, which helps with some templates. Go to the Zap Calendar global settings and set the Bootstrap animation feature to "No". If that does not work, then you can create a new event menu page and add new events from the front end that way.

Screen goes Black while selecting "Add an event fr 8 years 3 weeks ago #5555

• ed_hayward
  • Fresh Boarder
I have done everything stated below and it doesn't function correctly when selecting suggest an event the screen goes black and the pop-up appears in the background. I have tried several different templates all with the same result. I also disabled bootsttrap animation and the modal style window and it still does NOT work. What do you suggest? Give me a template you say it works for and I will show you it doesnt. Could you PLEASE give some support here?

This is typically a template compatibility issue with the bootstrap modal dialog library. You can try disabling the bootstrap animation feature, which helps with some templates. Go to the Zap Calendar global settings and set the Bootstrap animation feature to "No". If that does not work, then you can create a new event menu page and add new events from the front end that way.

Screen goes Black while selecting "Add an event fr 8 years 3 days ago #5575

• cogliano
It works for the standard templates that come with Joomla. It also works with a Joomla Shack template at the demo site demo.zapcalendar.com/demo/your-events (log in to create an event).

You can disable the modal box display and use a new window instead if you can not get it to work with your template. From the calendar manager, go to the link tab and select "New Window" for the event link.

Screen goes Black while selecting "Add an event fr 7 years 6 months ago #5674

• ed_hayward
  • Fresh Boarder
When adding a menu item to add event this works to add event but not for edit or delete. What do I do for that?

Screen goes Black while selecting "Add an event fr 7 years 5 months ago #5675

• cogliano
There may be a confirmation modal dialog when deleting or editing a recurring event. Is this a recurring event? I may need to add an option to avoid the modal boxes.
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds