Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: ZC_ERROR_LOADING_RSS_FEED

ZC_ERROR_LOADING_RSS_FEED 10 years 1 month ago #4494

• sfosseen
  • Fresh Boarder
First off, this is my Favorite Weather app for Joomla. I have not been able to use it for years as I had a problem with Joomla 1.5 that was never resolved. I was excited to see it supports Joomla 3.x now so I tried to load it again. Again is still does not work on my setup.

I am running Joomla 3.2.2, although I had the problem with 3.2.1 as well. When installed the News area has the error: ZC_ERROR_LOADING_RSS_FEED

I try to refresh the data for the default locations and no data loads. I did change the security permissions of the /cache/com_zweather to 777, no change.

I am assuming it is something with the setup of my server, but I have 3 different web servers and the problem occurs on all of them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ZC_ERROR_LOADING_RSS_FEED 10 years 1 month ago #4500

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
It is possible your hosting site is blocking outbound web traffic. Zap Weather makes an outbound connection for both the the news feed and weather data.
You can test it out by creating a Feed Display module and see if that module can pull a feed from another site. You may check your web hosting admin to see if they can unblock it if that is the case.

ZC_ERROR_LOADING_RSS_FEED 10 years 1 month ago #4509

• sfosseen
  • Fresh Boarder
It does look like there is a problem. I manage the firewall as well and it is not blocking traffic. I have been able to use Joomla's built in upgrade tools to upgrade Joomla and a few other components. But yet RSS feeds seem to be blocked someplace. I am running RSFirewall, and the server is running VirtualMin. I will keep looking to track down this block.

Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds