Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: Any News on the J2.5 Version?

Any News on the J2.5 Version? 11 years 6 months ago #3511

I keep getting an error when I try to install ZWeather... We have paid for ZCalendar and I wanted to use it with ZWeather so both parts all came from the same place. I read around but I can't find any recent answer to the question: Is ZWeather compatible with Joomla! 2.5+? if not when will it be?

I am right in the middle of a project that is due next Monday and this is one of the last things I need to complete before then. So a speedy answer would be appreciated, so I can have time to find something else or modify your old 1.5 package to work in 2.5... but I don't want to go through the effort until I am sure I didn't miss something. (last message i can find is over 3-months old)

Error I get is: JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
Unable to find install package
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Any News on the J2.5 Version? 11 years 6 months ago #3516

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
No Z Weather release yet for Joomla 2.5 . It has been worked on but no timetable for release. I have some 1.5 Joomla sites with the component that need to be upgraded to Joomla 2.5, so I feel your pain. There is the Google Weather plugin available for Z Calendar that you can use in the interim, but it is not as detailed as Z Weather's data.

Any News on the J2.5 Version? 11 years 2 months ago #3662

• terry5578
  • Fresh Boarder
I just wanted to check to see if there was any new information about getting the J2.5 version working? It looks to me like it has been at least 4 months since this topic was opened.

I have a new site I would really like to use your ZWeather on - but it is running Joomla 2.5.

Any chance your j2.5 is almost ready?

Terry

Any News on the J2.5 Version? 11 years 2 months ago #3663

I know right, seems like they should be able to do that pretty quickly. I bought their entire calendar product and just wanted to use their weather setup too, but they didn't update it. I just gave up on them doing anything on that like 3 months ago and went and got "SP Weather" - had to do some modifications to the code to get it to look like what I wanted but it turned out pretty nice.

spWeather.PNG

Any News on the J2.5 Version? 11 years 2 months ago #3664

• terry5578
  • Fresh Boarder
Andrew - I have some questions for you - would you be willing to communicate with me outside of this forum?

Terry @ terrydhenderson . com

Any News on the J2.5 Version? 11 years 2 months ago #3665

My name is actually Mike, Andrew is my boss who signed up and paid for the account.
I sent you an email.
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds