Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Zap Weather Questions and Comments

TOPIC: Cache refresh not detected

Cache refresh not detected 14 years 11 months ago #111

• datawebusa
  • Fresh Boarder
What does the "Cache refresh not detected" warning in the backend mean and how do I resolve it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Cache refresh not detected 14 years 11 months ago #112

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
It means the weather data has not been downloaded from the National Weather Service. You can click the "Refresh Cache" button in the backend to update the cache immediately, however, you probably need to modify your global settings to keep it updated on a regular basis. If you are not running a cron job, select the "Foreground cache refresh" option. Then set the alert cache time out to 10 (minutes), and the forecast and observation caches to 60.

Re:Cache refresh not detected 14 years 10 months ago #121

• mom2nine
  • Fresh Boarder
I've just suddenly started having this issue today after months of this thing working flawlessly. In the configuration area I see:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/newriver/public_html/components/com_zweather/zweather.class.php on line 831
It won't refresh, won't update. On the front side the module tells me the same thing, and stops the rest of my site from loading, so I've been forced to shut down the module for now.

Could there have been some change at the NWS that is impacting this?

Re:Cache refresh not detected 13 years 6 months ago #1544

I am facing same problem after installing 6.0.2 in joomla 1.5. When I access Z Weather component from component menu under admin login it displays

Cache refresh not detected

Warning: Parameter 1 to DOMIT_Parser::processingInstructionElement() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\Sarathi\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\libraries\domit\xml_saxy_parser.php on line 739

Warning: Parameter 1 to DOMIT_Parser::startElement() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\Sarathi\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\libraries\domit\xml_saxy_shared.php on line 261
etc.,

I don't understand the replies posted here. please help me to get out of this.

Re:Cache refresh not detected 13 years 6 months ago #1558

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Have you tried clicking the cache refresh button? The warnings should disappear if you set the error reporting to none or system default in the global settings.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds