Note: Due to the amount of SPAM received in the forums and to better serve our customers, support is now done by sending a message using the "Contact" link above . This forum is set to read-only, but you can still search the forum.

Interested in Zap Calendar and have a question? Post it here. Please post pre-sales questions only and NOT support questions. The Zap Calendar support forums are restricted to those users with active subscriptions.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can calendar view / module links go direct to page

Can calendar view / module links go direct to page 9 years 3 weeks ago #5147

• andybon
Just discovered Zap Calendar and am getting used to it with the Lite version.

Everything seems AWESOME.... The only thing I can't figure out is... all my events have their own URLs which I set in the event settings.... is there a way now that I can set things so the links on the Calendar View and Upcoming Event module goes straight to that URL and not first to the ZapCalendar summary of the event. That's one unnecessary click for my users that I'd like to avoid.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can calendar view / module links go direct to page 9 years 3 weeks ago #5149

• cogliano
  • Thank you received: 58
Yes, this can be set in the calendar settings in the calendar manager. Go to the link tab and select the preferred link method.

I need your vote! Please vote for Zap Calendar Lite at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ts/zap-calendar-lite

Can calendar view / module links go direct to page 9 years 3 weeks ago #5150

• andybon
I've tried that.. I have it set to URL in the calender settings (link tab)... and my events all have valid URLs... but when I click on an event in the front-end component view calendar list, I am always taken to a ZapCalendar event detail screen which shows the URL...

Maybe there is a glitch in here somewhere? Is it working on your test version... I have version 4.1.0 installed (from a download today)

Can calendar view / module links go direct to page 9 years 3 weeks ago #5151

• andybon
Aha I think I've found the issue.... maybe a bug... if the calendar is in YEAR view it works fine with the URL link preference being respected BUT I have my calendar view preference set to LIST and with that it seems the URL link gets ignored. Can you replicated the issue with those settings?

(I also notice that in the year view, once you've clicked on a month of interest, you get the event category shown too as a text entry whereas with the list view you don't see the category (not with my settings anyway - there is the colour coding which is great... but no key showing (even though I have legend set to show)

Can calendar view / module links go direct to page 9 years 3 weeks ago #5152

• andybon
Adding a related issue to the above.... the upcoming events module doesn't look like it respects the setting for link preference either... maybe that's more of a feature request than an issue... not sure, but just reporting it.

Overall as a new user who only discovered Zap Calendar today (despite several years with Joomla) I am super-impressed! Will be getting a review up on Joomla JED as soon as I get more familiar with how everything works B)

Can calendar view / module links go direct to page 9 years 1 week ago #5159

• andybon
Hi just wanted to nudge the issue I've reported above and see if you would be able to fix.

If so, I'm buying a paid version of Zap Calendar!

I just need the listings to respect the link preferences set (see issues above), and for such settings to also be possible from the upcoming events module.

Hope this is something that can be done! If so, you have another paying customer :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds